Ductwork is an important part of your home’s heating and cooling system. As it gets older, it can become damaged or even break down completely. When this happens, you’ll need to call in a professional for ductwork repair or replacement.
No ductwork? No problem! We also offer ductless mini-split systems to keep every room cool and comfortable.
Air Duct Installation
Air duct installation is a necessary step in ensuring that your home’s air conditioning and heating systems are working properly. While it may seem like a daunting task, installation is actually quite easy if you have the right tools and equipment.
If you’re not comfortable installing air ducts yourself, there’s no need to worry. There are plenty of professional air duct installation companies that can do the job for you. All you need to do is give them a call and they’ll take care of the rest!
Our air duct installation process is simple and easy to understand, and we work with our customers to get it right the first time.
Air Duct Repair
There are a few things that can go wrong with ductwork, which can lead to the need for repair. Here are some of the most common ductwork issues that can occur, and how to troubleshoot them:
- Leaks: One of the most common problems with air ducts is leaks. These can occur for a number of reasons, such as holes or cracks in the ductwork, loose connections, or damaged insulation. If you suspect a leak, the first step is to check for visual signs of damage. If you see any holes or cracks, you’ll need to seal them up with tape or another suitable material. For loose connections, simply tighten them up. If the insulation is damaged, you may need to replace it.
- Blockages: Another common issue is blockages, which can be caused by things like dust, dirt, debris build-up, or even animals nesting in the ductwork. If you suspect a blockage, the first step is to check for any visible signs of obstruction. If you see anything blocking the airflow, you’ll need to remove it. You may also need to use a vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment to suction out any smaller particles that may be stuck in the ductwork.
- Condensation: Condensation can occur in air ducts when there is too much moisture in the air. This can be caused by things like high humidity levels or leaks in the ductwork. If you notice condensation on the ductwork, you’ll need to find and fix the source of the moisture problem. This may involve sealing up any leaks or using a dehumidifier to reduce the air humidity.
- Bad smells: If there are bad smells coming from the air ducts, it could be due to bacteria or mold growth. This is usually caused by moisture buildup in the ductwork, so you’ll need to find and fix the source of the moisture problem. Once you’ve done that, you can clean the ductwork with a disinfectant to get rid of any bacteria or mold.
If you’re having trouble troubleshooting your air duct issue, it’s best to call us for help. We will be able to diagnose the problem and recommend the best course of action.
Give us a call today to learn more about all our indoor air quality services.
Signs You Need Air Duct Replacement
There are a few key signs that indicate it may be time to get your ductwork replaced. If you notice any of the following, it’s best to consult with a professional to see if a replacement is necessary:
- Your energy bills have been increasing even though you haven’t changed your habits
- The air in your home feels stuffy or stagnant
- You can see mold or mildew growing on your ducts
- There is a persistent musty smell in your home
- Your ductwork is more than 20 years old
If you’re not sure whether or not you need ductwork replacement, a professional inspection can help you determine the best course of action.
Replacing your ductwork can improve the air quality in your home and make it more energy-efficient, so it’s worth considering if you’re experiencing any problems.